Dolly, the entrepreneur
Dolly opened Dollywood in 1986, her theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, located on 150 acres near Great Smoky Mountains National Park. She has composed over 3,000 songs in her career and is one of only seven female artists to win the Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year Award. She has won eight Grammy Awards, two Academy Award nominations, ten Country Music Association Awards, seven Academy of Country Music Awards, and three American Music Awards. She has also starred in several films and written books.
Dolly's advice for other women:
- “You never do a whole lot unless you’re brave enough to try.”
- “I don’t kiss nobody’s butt.”
- “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forgot to make a life.”
- “Storms make trees take deeper roots.”
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.”
- “You need to really believe in what you’ve got to offer, what your talent is — and if you believe, that gives you strength.”
Dolly's no-nonsense words of wisdom are not just words but lessons to live by.
Read more about Dolly at www.msnbc.com/msnbc/15-quotes-dolly-parton-teach-us-everything-about-life