There is an expression that "Behind Every Successful Man is a Woman." While a man's success largely depends on many factors, such as how hard he works, he can also be influenced by others. That is certainly the case with these 8 women who encouraged and inspired some of the most famous men in history.
8 women who influenced famous men:
- Rachel Robinson: Wife of Jackie Robinson, the first black player in Major League Baseball, constantly stood by his side. She established The Jackie Robinson Foundation after his death in 1972, which offers college scholarships and leadership opportunities for deserving students.
- Coretta Scott King: Wife of Martin Luther King, Jr., worked side-by-side with her husband on civil rights movements. She helped pass the Civil Rights Act in 1964 and, after her husband's death, kept his work going by establishing The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta.
- Lula Mae Hardaway: Mother of Stevie Wonder, Lula was always behind her son's love of music. She even co-wrote the song “I Was Made To Love Her” with Stevie.
- Dolores Huerta: Dolores was a good friend to National Farm Workers Association creator Cesar Chavez. In fact, she helped him create the organization. To this day, she continues in the work she supported for her friend.
- Lillian Disney: Wife of Walt Disney, worked as her husband's personal secretary. She was involved in many of his ideas and supported him throughout his career, and continues to support his work.
- Yoki Ono: Wife of famous musician John Lennon, was always by his side. They worked together not only on music but speaking out on world peace efforts.
- Freda Kelly: This may not be a name familiar to many, but Kelly was a secretary to The Beatles. She began when she was just a teenager and as their secretary had an impact on their lives as well as their careers.
- Zelda Fitzgerald: Wife of famous author F. Scott Fitzgerald, Zelda inspired her husband and influenced his writing. She was also a dancer, a painter, and a writer.
Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-whose-influence-on-famous-men-changed-history-for-the-better_us_56e2e8dde4b0b25c9181ab44