Top 20 highest paying jobs for women
PayScale looked at occupations that have the highest median salaries for women who have 5-8 years of experience. Here are the top 10.
- Physician-General Practice: The median pay for women in this job is $165,000, and the percent of women in this job is 48 percent.
- Pediatrician: This job has 72 percent women, earning a median pay of $154,000.
- Pharmacist: 52 percent of pharmacists are women, earning a median pay of $117,000.
- Corporate Counsel: This job is 45 percent women who earn a median pay of $115,000.
- Vice President-Marketing: Almost half, or 49 percent, are women. Median pay is $106,000.
- Optometrist: More than half, or 54 percent, are women. Median pay is $105,000.
- Vice President of Human Resources: More than half, or 68 percent, are women, earning a median income of $103,000.
- Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner: This occupation is 82 percent women. Median pay is $101,000.
- Internal Auditing Manager: Median pay for this job is $96,000, and the job is made up of 40 percent women.
- Physician Assistant: This job is mostly women -- 70 percent, and women earn a median income of $94,600.
Read about all 20 top paying jobs for women at www.businessinsider.com/highest-paying-jobs-for-women-2015-10